Devexpress gridview rowupdating error
I put a breakpoint on the Row Updating event handler and found that the event is not fired. I put a breakpoint on the Row Updating event handler and found that the event is not fired. In the Row Editing function, the edit textboxes appear and I can get the "old" values Then the page renders, I edit the textboxes and hit Update.
Right now, I have not written code for the Update event. Right now, I have not written code for the Update event. Then the page posts back, the text boxes go back to being labels and the new values are lost, and the Row Updating code never fires.
There is obviously a bug with the databinding in the Grid View somewhere and it seems Microsoft is aware of the issue, however I wouldn’t hold my breath for a fix to be forthcoming.
Personally I think the new objectdatasource model has some serious drawbacks and the fact that Microsoft haven’t made the effort to ensure that custom databinding still works is a real shame to say the very least!
What happens with this is that the source is being created every time the user submits the page.
This means that when the user does an update, the data from that update is lost.
After it has been clicked the postback places that row in edit mode.
I started this to document my new experiences in the world of C# programming. But making an error that is so brilliantly, blatantly and egregiously stupid...well, that is something wholly and completely different. I'm almost-but-not-quite certain it probably-might-possibly does, but I couldn't figure it out.
However, to populate the Grid View, I need a dataset which contains a " WHERE [COLUMN] IN (values)" where clause.
If you do this, your Grid View's source will be refreshed before you're able to grab the new values out of it.
I'm having a very hard time understand what would prevent your event from being fired.